Laman



Wednesday 3 November 2010

[Update] There are 2 new posts in "Simply Recipes"

Simply Recipes

Here is the Simply Recipes update for mobile.kuliner.mailbox@blogger.com


There are 2 new posts in "Simply Recipes"

Chipotle Pumpkin Soup

Chipotle Pumpkin Soup

This year on Halloween, in my typical do-it-at-the-last-possible-moment approach, I set out to find a carving pumpkin in the afternoon only to find all of the local stores completely sold out. So, instead I bought some sort of heirloom fairy tale pumpkin from Whole Foods. It wasn't even orange, but some terribly un-Halloween grey color. My attempts to carve it were laughable. The flesh was at least 3 inches thick. I did finally manage to carve something resembling a face, but it was so pathetic I ended up chucking the whole thing in the oven and baking it at 350 for a couple hours. (I think it's almost impossible to overcook a pumpkin.) Obviously this pumpkin was meant for eating, not for entertaining trick-or-treaters.

Continue reading "Chipotle Pumpkin Soup" »


  •


Pear and Cranberry Rustic Tart

Pear and Cranberry Rustic Tart

Have you seen the pears at the market lately? Gorgeous. This is a rustic tart, using Bosc or Bartlett pears (great cooking pears) that have been pre-baked with ginger, sugar, and butter, giving them a wonderful caramelized flavor in the tart. Their buttery sweetness offsets the crisp tartness of the whole cranberries. I got the idea from a pear crostata recipe in The Boston Globe. That recipe, which I made and is fabulous, uses pear halves and layers the pears and cranberries on top of frangipane. I did find the Globe's recipe a bit too fussy, along with taking the better part of a day to make. So, this is my simpler version, still the same wonderful mix of flavors, but with a little less effort.

Continue reading "Pear and Cranberry Rustic Tart" »


  •



Click here to safely unsubscribe now from "Simply Recipes" or change your subscription, view mailing archives or subscribe

Your requested content delivery powered by FeedBlitz, LLC, 9 Thoreau Way, Sudbury, MA 01776, USA. +1.978.776.9498

 

No comments: