Laman



Wednesday 23 April 2014

Simply Recipes: 2 New Recipes - Salmon Chowder and more...


Salmon Chowder

My mother and father live down the street from me, just a few houses away. This is wonderfully convenient for yours truly, who often finds herself heading over to their house to raid their fridge. No, I’m not a teenager, but yes, I still do raid their fridge. (You would too, my parents have great leftovers!)

Thankfully for mom and dad, the arrangement goes both ways. They stopped by the other day when we had just finished up cooking this salmon chowder, and happily packed half of it to take home with them. The verdict the next day? Raves.

Continue reading "Salmon Chowder" »

     
 
 
FeedBlitz Top Slot
powered byad choices

 

Deviled Ham with Pickled Jalapeños

Do any of you follow Mad Men? I watch an occasional episode, more captivated by the outfits and decor than anything else. (Wait, I recognize that wall hanging! My mother used to wear dresses like that! My father wore those skinny ties!) So delightfully retro. Like deviled ham.

I can just imagine some deviled ham canapés being served at one of those 60s parties. Being just a kid during that time I would more likely have found a deviled ham sandwich along with carrot sticks and a thermos, packed in my metal Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea lunch box.

Continue reading "Deviled Ham with Pickled Jalapeños" »

     
 
 
FeedBlitz Top Slot
powered byad choices

 

 




Email subscriptions powered by FeedBlitz, LLC, 9 Thoreau Way, Sudbury, MA 01776, USA.

 

No comments: