Laman



Wednesday 18 June 2014

Simply Recipes: 4 New Recipes - Salmon Lettuce Wraps with Cucumber, Jicama, and Ginger and more...


Salmon Lettuce Wraps with Cucumber, Jicama, and Ginger

School is out, summer is here, and potluck season has commenced. That said, one cannot live on lasagna every day. (Or at least I can’t, maybe you can?) The best way to survive hot days or heavy dishes is to balance them out with something cool and light, like these salmon lettuce wraps.

Continue reading "Salmon Lettuce Wraps with Cucumber, Jicama, and Ginger" »

     
 
 
FeedBlitz Top Slot
powered byad choices

 

Tuna Tomato Pasta with Olives

Are you a planner? The ability to plan one’s meals seems like such a basic survival skill I’m surprised I’ve lasted this long with so little capability in this area. The saving grace for a poor planner is a well stocked pantry. Today was one of those I’m-hungry-let’s-see-what’s-in-the-cupboard days. Fortunately we had pasta, canned tomatoes, and canned tuna. With those three ingredients as a base, lunch was looking promising! (Especially with the kalamata olives lurking in the fridge.)

Continue reading "Tuna Tomato Pasta with Olives" »

     
 
 
FeedBlitz Top Slot
powered byad choices

 

Enchiladas

When I’m asked, “what’s your favorite recipe on the site?,” my reply without hesitation is this one, my mother’s cheese enchiladas. We had enchiladas at least once a month my entire childhood; it’s still the most requested recipe from any of my siblings when they come home to visit. We’ll often make extra just so my father can have leftover enchiladas for breakfast the next day (it’s his version of chilaquiles).

Continue reading "Enchiladas" »

     
 
 
FeedBlitz Top Slot
powered byad choices

 

Grilled Lime Chicken with Black Bean Sauce

This recipe for grilled chicken, marinated in lime juice, and served with a cilantro infused black bean sauce is inspired by a recipe from my dear friend and site contributor Steve-Anna. First posted in 2006, I’ve changed it over the years incorporating many of the ideas that commenters have given us after trying the recipe, plus a few ideas of my own. Chicken cutlets are marinated in a lime juice cilantro marinade for a couple hours. They are grilled quickly on a hot grill and served with a simple black bean sauce made with canned black beans, onions, garlic, and oregano. I’m garnishing the chicken with chopped red onions that have soaked in some water and seasoned rice vinegar for a quick pickling effect.

Continue reading "Grilled Lime Chicken with Black Bean Sauce" »

     
 
 

 




Email subscriptions powered by FeedBlitz, LLC, 365 Boston Post Rd, Suite 123, Sudbury, MA 01776, USA.

 

No comments: