Laman



Tuesday 15 July 2014

Simply Recipes: 4 New Recipes - Mom’s Macaroni Salad and more...


Mom's Macaroni Salad

When you have a week straight of over 100° temps, you start looking for cooler things to make. My mother whipped up this macaroni salad earlier this week and I think I ate half of the whole bowl. Think macaroni and deviled egg make love child and you’ll be in the vicinity. There is a hard boiled egg, some roasted red bell pepper, chopped spring onions, a generous amount of mayo, and seasoning with sweet paprika. Perfect for a summer BBQ or picnic salad.

Continue reading "Mom’s Macaroni Salad" »

     
 
 
FeedBlitz Top Slot
powered byad choices

 

Grilled Japanese Eggplant with Tahini Sauce

Fellow gardeners, do you ever plant something because you like the look of it, but grow more than you know what to do with? That’s been my relationship to the Japanese eggplants in my garden. I love to grow them. They hide out trellised against a fence behind my garden bed. They’re a beautiful deep shade of purple, long and elegant.

Continue reading "Grilled Japanese Eggplant with Tahini Sauce" »

     
 
 
FeedBlitz Top Slot
powered byad choices

 

Grilled Corn-on-the-Cob

(It’s corn season! From the recipe archive. First posted 2007.)

The first time I tried grilling corn-on-the-cob, by placing shucked corn directly on the grill, the results weren’t all that stellar. Too dried out and chewy. I consulted “She-who-knows-everything-when-it-comes-to-home-cooking” (a.k.a. mom) who informed me that the best way to grill corn is to cook the corn in their husks, directly on a hot grill.

Continue reading "Grilled Corn-on-the-Cob" »

     
 
 
FeedBlitz Top Slot
powered byad choices

 

Cucumber Mint Quinoa Salad

Are you a gardener? What kind of cucumbers do you grow? I used to grow lemon cucumbers, but gave up because they got too big and seedy. These days I’m growing Persian cucumbers, which are beautifully thin skinned, with delicate seeds. I usually pick them when they are still on the small side, but even when they grow as big as regular cucumbers, they’re still not at all bitter.

Continue reading "Cucumber Mint Quinoa Salad" »

     
 
 

 




Email subscriptions powered by FeedBlitz, LLC, 365 Boston Post Rd, Suite 123, Sudbury, MA 01776, USA.

 

No comments: