Laman



Wednesday 11 February 2015

Simply Recipes: 4 New Recipes - Valentine’s Day Recipes and more...

Follow on Pinterest


Valentine's Day Recipes

May I admit something? I am the least romantic person I know on the planet. I was born on Valentine’s Day and even with that incentive, have never been one for hearts, lace, or pink, though you gotta love those goofy Valentines we used to give each other in grade school.

That said, as an excuse for cooking something special, Valentine’s is one of the best. Here are some of the Valentine appropriate sweet delectables you’ll find on Simply Recipes, followed by a few recommendations for romantic dinners, as well as some terrific ideas from fellow food bloggers. Are you cooking up something special for Valentine’s Day? If so, tell us about it in the comments.

Continue reading "Valentine’s Day Recipes" »

     
 
 
FeedBlitz Top Slot
powered byad choices

 

Follow on Pinterest

Roast Filet of Beef Tenderloin with Sautéed Mushrooms

There are two kinds of special meals—those that take all day to make and require meticulous attention to detail lest you mess them up, and those that are easy and relatively foolproof, but are still delicious crowd pleasers.

You can guess which one I prefer.

Here is a perfect example of the latter—a beef tenderloin roast. Imagine a filet mignon, but as roast, one that you slice to serve, tender like a prime rib, but lean. Yes it is a rather pricey cut of beef; it is not an every day roast, but one for a special somebody or occasion.

Continue reading "Roast Filet of Beef Tenderloin with Sautéed Mushrooms" »

     
 
 
FeedBlitz Top Slot
powered byad choices

 

Follow on Pinterest

Chocolate Truffles

Please welcome guest author Garrett McCord who is helping us get ready for Valentine’s Day with these easy-to-make chocolate truffles. ~Elise

Want to show me romance and sweep me off my feet? Then cook for me.

Flowers are a sweet gesture, but I don’t have a vase so they end up sitting on my table in an Indiana Jones Big Gulp cup and then my cats end up eating them anyway. Gifts and tokens are sweet and while I may say thank you out loud in my mind I’m saying, “Great, now I have more crud in my house and no place to put it!”

No, if you want to make me swoon, then cook for me. If you don’t know how to cook, make me chocolate truffles.

Continue reading "Chocolate Truffles" »

     
 
 
FeedBlitz Top Slot
powered byad choices

 

Follow on Pinterest

Easy Sautéed Spinach

Popeye was the best thing that ever hit the spinach industry. When I was a kid you couldn’t pay me to eat lima beans or peas, but spinach? I begged for it; we all did.

Especially if it came from a can.

We wanted to be cool like Popeye, who could knock Bluto to Kingdom Come just by downing a can of spinach, which always conveniently found its way to Popeye’s mouth when his situation was most dire.

Our parents worked hard to convince us that cooked fresh spinach was just as good, if not better than the canned stuff.

Continue reading "Easy Sautéed Spinach" »

     
 
 

Follow on Pinterest

 



Email subscriptions powered by FeedBlitz, LLC, 365 Boston Post Rd, Suite 123, Sudbury, MA 01776, USA.

No comments: