Laman



Monday 7 November 2016

Simply Recipes: 5 New Recipes - Sweet Potato Casserole and more...

I still remember the day when I tried sweet potato casserole for the first time. It was in Washington, D.C. at a Friendsgiving gathering during law school. My friend topped his sweet potato casserole with marshmallows, and while I gamely gave it a ...

Latest recipes from Simply Recipes.
Simply Recipes
 

Here is your update from Simply Recipes.
There are 5 new posts. Happy cooking!

Pinterest

Sweet Potato Casserole

I still remember the day when I tried sweet potato casserole for the first time. It was in Washington, D.C. at a Friendsgiving gathering during law school.

My friend topped his sweet potato casserole with marshmallows, and while I gamely gave it a try, I just couldn't get past how overly sweet and mushy the marshmallows made the dish. To me, melted marshmallows belong in s'mores and rice krispies treats.

When I started making sweet potato casseroles for my own Thanksgivings, I decided to skip the marshmallows altogether and topped my casserole with a nutty pecan crumble instead. I love how this adds a crunchy contrast to the creamy sweet potatoes in this classic holiday dish.

Continue reading "Sweet Potato Casserole" »

Minestrone Soup

Do you love minestrone? This favorite Italian soup is made with fresh seasonal vegetables, often with the addition of pasta or rice. Common ingredients include beans, onions, celery, carrots, stock, and tomatoes.

There is no set recipe for minestrone, since it is usually made out of whatever vegetables are in season. It can be vegetarian, contain meat, or contain a meat-based soup base (such as chicken stock).

Continue reading "Minestrone Soup" »

Chocolate Gingerbread Cookies

When I bake these chocolate gingerbread cookies, the entire kitchen smells of wintry spices. It's impossible not to feel like the holidays have arrived.

Deep dark chocolate and fresh grated ginger sets these cookies apart from the other cookies on the holiday cookie plate.

Continue reading "Chocolate Gingerbread Cookies" »

Potato Dinner Rolls

Mine is a family of carb lovers, and the dinner rolls are always the first thing to go at any meal, holiday or otherwise.

This is especially true when these potato rolls are on the menu. Mashed potatoes make the rolls extra-soft and fluffy. I top them with some honey butter and they disappear like magic.

Continue reading "Potato Dinner Rolls" »

Sweet Potato & Pork Thanksgiving Stuffing (Paleo, Gluten-Free)

Call it stuffing. Call it dressing. Either way, there is no doubt that it is one of the most iconic dishes on the holiday table.

Here is a version that's perfect for any gluten-free or Paleo guests at your table!

This stuffing is full of rich ingredients, like sweet potatoes and ground pork, and it has plenty of big holiday flavor. And yes, it's great with turkey!

Continue reading "Sweet Potato & Pork Thanksgiving Stuffing (Paleo, Gluten-Free)" »

 
Facebook Pinterest Twitter Instagram
Pinterest
Elise Bauer
Hi, I’m Elise! Here are some updates from Simply Recipes.


Email subscriptions powered by FeedBlitz, LLC, 365 Boston Post Rd, Suite 123, Sudbury, MA 01776, USA.

No comments: