Laman



Monday 30 March 2020

One Simply Terrific Thing: Oven Mitts That Actually Work!

 
One Simply Terrific Thing: Oven Mitts That Actually Work!

One Simply Terrific Thing: Oven Mitts That Actually Work!

I have used my share of oven mitts and pot holders.

Quilted squares, silicone sleeves, suede mitts – one by one, they’ve all made their way to the bottom of a drawer somewhere, or thrown out altogether. Some were too unwieldy, or fell apart in the wash, or (the biggest offense!) didn’t work at keeping heat away from my hands, even for the short amount of time it takes to pull a baking dish out of the oven and set it on the stovetop.

No more – not since I purchased these!

I’ve had a pair of these silicone quilted oven mitts from Homwe ($14) for 2.5 years, and they are, quite simply, the best. I can grip pans comfortably and securely, and they really work at keeping heat out, up to 450°F – and I have definitely tested it to that temperature, even higher! I especially love that the mitts extend halfway up my arm for even more protection from bumps and burns. (There’s an extra long version, too!)

The textured silicone part of the glove is waterproof, which means you can easily rinse off a spill or spatter instead of leaving the food to set a stain, or having to wash the mitts right away. But of course you can do that, too, since the mitts are machine-washable. (And they come out looking great!)

Truly, the oven mitts of my dreams.

Cheers to good tools!

-Cambria
Product and Lifestyle Director

 
Simply Recipes on Pinterest Simply Recipes on Facebook Simply Recipes on Instagram Twitter Snapchat
Simply Recipes on Pinterest

No comments: