Laman



Tuesday 25 September 2012

[Update] There are 2 new posts in "Simply Recipes"

Simply Recipes

Here is the Simply Recipes update for mobile.kuliner.mailbox@blogger.com


There are 2 new posts in "Simply Recipes"

Short-Rib Beef Stew with Ale

Short-Rib Beef Stew with Ale

Updated. From the recipe archive. First posted 2007.

The debate didn't last long. "You could have used boneless beef short-ribs. You're paying for the bones when you buy them bone-in," my mother remarked in while we were all enjoying this wonderful stew. "It's better with the bones," my father and I replied, practically in unison. "Better flavor," dad added. "And then there's all that goodness from the marrow," said I. Mom, not willing to give in so easily, said, "these bones are too small, I can't see any marrow." At this point, dad and I put our forks down and focused our gaze upon her. "Mom, just because you can't see a hole in the bones, doesn't mean there's no marrow." "But they couldn't have cooked long enough for anything to come out." "They cooked for two and a half hours." "Okay. Nevermind."

Continue reading "Short-Rib Beef Stew with Ale" »



 


Cactus and Corn Salsa

Cactus and Corn Salsa

Please welcome Amber Stott, founder of California Food Literacy Center and the blogger behind Awake at the Whisk, as she shares this truly delightful salsa made with nopales cactus paddles. We made it together the other day, so good! ~Elise

I'm a regular at my local farmers market. Farmers near Sacramento, California grow an impressive variety of food and every visit yields something new and tempting. A few years ago, I found a new favorite. Tucked away in a quiet corner behind mile high piles of pearly grapes and fat figs sat a man working quickly with a knife, sliding his blade across apple green paddles—cactus! (Also known as nopales, the young pads of the prickly pear cactus.) The farmer sent me on my way with several crisp paddles and some cooking suggestions. I've been addicted to nopales ever since.

Continue reading "Cactus and Corn Salsa" »



 





Your requested content delivery powered by FeedBlitz, LLC, 9 Thoreau Way, Sudbury, MA 01776, USA. +1.978.776.9498

 

No comments: